Sunday, July 3, 2011

It's My Birthday!

     I love presents!  I love presents!  I love presents!  I just got back from my parents' house where we all together for a cookout (and presents!)  There's nothing quite like a 4th of July burger hot off the grill!  Well,  I got a lot of great gifts and had a very nice day with my family.  Of course, every year on July 3rd we have to revisit the classic "fireworks" story from my childhood.  Until I was WAY to old to believe it, I used to think that the town fireworks, which were always held on the 3rd, were in honor of my birthday.  I actually thought that the whole town walked down to the beach just to celebrate the joy of my birth.  Now, keep in mind that my twin sister (BTW, Happy Birthday, Dan!) never suffered from these delusions of grandeur - just me!  To this day, I still love me some fireworks!  Almost as much as presents.  Almost.

     So in honor of my birthday and my love of presents (because I like to give 'em as much as I love to get 'em,) I'm going to celebrate with a week of freebies.  Check back each day to see what's new! 

     Today's freebie is a birthday themed emergent reader.  It's so hard to find simple, engaging emergent readers for students reading at an A/B level so I've started to make my own.  There are two versions: a full color, full text version to use for guided reading and a black line version with a word on each page missing for the students to fill in and color.  Click below the picture to download.  I hope you enjoy!

13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Thank you for sharing your work--the book looks perfect!

    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Thanks for sharing and Happy Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Thanks for sharing this resource. :)

    ✰ Mrs. Kincaid
    Mrs. Kincaid’s First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing...Happy Birthday!

    mpenn10

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog from 1st Grade With Miss Snowden!
    My birthday is July 3rd also! Happy birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been so wonderful to share you birthday freebies! Is this one still available to download? It says I don't have permission. It is too cute to miss out on!
    Tessa
    tschep@live.com
    Spotlight on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this book! It's adorable! What program do you use to make your emerging readers?

    Stephanie
    Kinderlicious

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merchants are exceptionally forceful about offering credits at the purpose of offer keeping in mind the end goal to finish the auto exchange. The greatest slip-up buyers make is to go to the dealership ill-equipped with a credit arrangement. This absence of credit foreknowledge puts buyers more at danger of being talked in a more costly back choice. Check Cashing

    ReplyDelete
  10. The measure of regularly scheduled installment you can bear the cost of and all that really matters cost of the auto are two unique things. By telling a sales representative the amount you can pay, you are permitting them to add cash to all that really matters cost of the auto. The accompanying is an exemplary situation. cash advance

    ReplyDelete
  11. On the off chance that you are thinking about purchasing a second-hand truck, you could check the enthusiasm for such a credit. Check up additionally whether you could get one at 0% interest. www.aaa1autotitleloans.com/chicago

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! This is a nice post Thanks for sharing it!!
    Happy Birthday to you!!
    Conversation Secrets

    ReplyDelete