Monday, June 30, 2014
Today was the first Monday morning of my summer vacation and the alarm clock is now living somewhere under the bed. (For the next 7 Mondays too - woohoo!) Now that the alarm clock has been put in its place and I have some free time, I can get on with some summer plans. I've made myself a summer bucket list to try to get through.
1. I want to get back to more regular blogging. I've been a little neglectful lately, and I miss connecting with everyone and sharing ideas. So, my summer goal is to pop in at least once a week.
2. Work in my classroom to tackle a few tasks such as organizing my classroom library and guided reading books.
3. Clean and organize my garage. I've been putting it off for way too long. Hopefully I'll be motivated by #4 . . .
4. Shop for a new car. I commute about 400 miles a week so I've pretty much driven my Jeep into the ground. We've had a good run so I think I'm going to stick with another Jeep.
5. Paint and upgrade my kitchen. Not a total overhaul, but I'm ready for a change.
I'm sure I'll come up with some more, but since I have some travel plans, I think this is a realistic start. To share my joy of having conquered the alarm clock and having time to work on the Bucket List, here's a little freebie. There are three versions - beginning sounds, ending sounds, and middle vowel sounds and you can use them as a quick assessment to see where the kids are with their letter sounds.
Just click on the pic to grab a copy.
I hope your alarm clock is under your bed as well!
at 9:42 PM