Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Getting Ready - Birthday Freebie #3

     Even though I'm only a week into my summer vacation, it's never too early to start getting ready for next year. So, after reading so many blog posts about the great finds in the Target Dollar Spot, I headed out his morning to see what all the fuss was about.  OMG!  What a gold mine!  I found dry erase boards (full size and strips,) stickers, reading pointers, note pads, mini pocket charts, handheld classroom signs and Dr. Seuss erasers, stickers and silly bands!  I spent digging around the mixed up bins trying to find the right number of each thing I was looking for - why is it that there is ALWAYS one less than what you need?  I even have a confession to make... I actually drove to a second Target to find 3 more strip-sized dry erase boards.  I had to.  Really.  So, $60.00 later I have a whole crate filled with really cute things I don't really need - WooHoo!
But I feel like the first step toward getting ready for the new school year has been taken. Mission accomplished.

     Today's birthday freebie is in honor of all the "getting ready" that we do each summer.  If Joseph Slate been true to life in his classic book, "Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten," it would have been about 87 pages long.  (Thank goodness the man knows how to edit.)  Many of use this book during the first few days of school, and making a class book is a popular activity.  Below is a great template to use for creating a book that your kiddos will read over and over.  Enjoy!



12 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Happy belated birthday to you!
    Tanya

    First Grade is Fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna,

    You have some wonderful stuff! Thanks for being so willing to share!
    Tessa
    Spotlight on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Donna! What fun and I wanted to say thanks for adding my blogs button to your sidebar! appreciate it! I've got you in my sqworl!
    - Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to share this with my friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE it. I will be sharing with all of my K teacher friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am now a follower. How cute.
    getoffyourhighhorse@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for this freebie. Perfect for the first week of school!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Try to find out birthday free gifts! Bdayo.Com was created with one goal in mind to help our users enjoy, celebrate, and remember their birthday! Bdayo allows you to find unlimited amount of Birthday Freebies in your area and offer unique features to help you learn more about that special day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this awesome post!!
    I really like it and I'll share its link to my friends!!
    astore

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for writing this interesting and informative article about handbags More Pics

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's very awesome friends day card and it's awesome idea to present to my friends on friendship day. Thanks for sharing your awesome hard work with us.
    london vip nightclub booking

    ReplyDelete