Saturday, August 11, 2012

Johnny Appleseed Freebies and a Sale

Hi everyone!
     Things are settling in around here - thank goodness!  My Dad had a slight set back but is now happily home and getting stronger every day. Thanks again so much to everyone who has sent warm wishes or prayers this way, they were so greatly appreciated!
     Now that I have my Back to School Bootcamp ready to go, I'm looking ahead to September and planning for the month. I've been working on a Johnny Appleseed unit and thought I would share some freebies. I love doing a unit on Johnny because after the first few weeks of school that are filled with learning routines, assessing emerging skills and getting to know the students, it's the first real content we teach and the kids get so into it!
   The first freebie is a descriptive writing activity.  I plan to do a giant anchor chart with words that describe Johnny,  Then, I'll have my kids work on the activity down below. Since I'll be using it with my kindergarten kids, I think I'll type up words that we include on the anchor chart and have them just cut and paste them onto the paper.  I think that first and second graders would be more ready to write their own words. You can grab a copy down below the picture.
     We'll be just getting into the routine of math stations in September so I made some basic games for the kids to play. Roll and Color is always a favorite, so I made a Johnny Appleseed version.  I also made a Roll, Add and Color version to differentiate for any advanced learners. Grab a copy if you'd like to give it a try.
     Tomorrow's the big Back to School sale at Teachers Pay Teachers.  With the code BTS12 you can get 10% all purchases, and many sellers are offering an additional 5-20% off on top of that!  Everything in my store will be an additional 20% off, so if you've been eyeing anything, now's the time to pick up a copy! I have about 16 things on my wishlist so I'm going to have to a lot of fun shopping tomorrow!
Have a Great Night!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great Johnny Appleseed freebies!! I'm glad to hear that your dad is feeling better. I will continue to keep him in my thoughts & prayers! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the wonderful apple freebies. I love them and can't wait to use them. I am so happy things are looking up for your dad and your family. Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for helping out with my giveaway!! I just need your email address:)
    Mine is 123teachwithme@gmail.com

    Tammy
    1...2...3...Teach With Me
    Dots of Fun! Clip Art

    ReplyDelete
  4. An all around outlined request handling auto credit structure implies permits agents the capacity to evaluate applications precisely and additionally rapidly. Most banks utilize the same fundamental inquiries to assess applications for reasonableness. Having the most important information around a candidate settles on choices less demanding so it is in banks premiums to state their inquiries as needs be. Cash Advance San-diego

    ReplyDelete