Monday, August 6, 2012

"Give Me Five" Freebie

     Thanks to everyone who left a comment or sent a note about yesterday's post. My dad is doing great and he's even got enough spunk to subject the cute young nurses to his horrible jokes! Thanks also for the amazing ideas for my name wall. I've gone from having no inspiring ideas to having way too many! I'm heading into school tomorrow for the first time this summer, so I'm going to visualize my options and ponder when I get there. I think I'm leaning towards jeeps or sailboats but I'll keep you posted.
     I'm really psyched to go into school tomorrow.  Each year, a few weeks before school starts, we host a little summer program for the incoming kindergartners.  It's called S.A.I.L. (Summer Adventures in Literacy) and it's an hour a day for three mornings in a row. We do read-alouds and crafts and it's a great way to meet the kids and let them get a little acclimated to their new "big kid" school and make some new friends. It sure makes the first day of school a little less scary for the kids (and the moms). I have my class list handy so I can scope out who I'll be spending the next 10 months with.  I can't wait!
     I have a whole bunch of stuff to bring with me to laminate since the work room should be pretty deserted. One thing that's ready to go is a new set of mini-posters illustrating the age-old "Give Me Five" behavior management trick. When making visual reminders like this, I think that for them to be effective, it's important to have graphics that really show he kids what the expectations are. I couldn't find any clipart that matched the "Give Me Five" actions, so I tried my hand at making my own.  They're not that fancy, but I think they'll get the job done. Whatta ya think? Leave a comment and let me know! You can grab a set if you think you can use them in your classroom this year. Enjoy!

34 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that your dad is doing better. Thank you for the Give Me 5 goodies!! I was looking for a way to spunk up my posters & this is perfect! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cute kids in your clip art!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the freebie and best wishes to you and your family.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The posters are adorable and exactly what I was looking for. I have been trying to find clipart of a child sitting criss cross for some time now and have had no luck. These will work perfectly in my grade 1 class. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping that your family is doing well!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE! I was getting so frustrated that I could not find clipart! Thanks so much these are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks so much for that. it will really help me a lot. can you check out my new teaching blog and help me pick a design? Would really appreciate it. http://preschoolerdaze.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK let me try this again, ha... embarrassing when as a teacher you use poor grammar/spelling. Thank so much! Love the pictures =))

    ReplyDelete
  9. New to your site and LOVE IT! Thanks for the freebies and great ideas.
    Marisol :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful! I use "5" and these posters are perfect for my little ELL 1st graders. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are awesome! Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these.. Are these your drawings ..fantastic!! I have seen SHOW ME 5 and the 5th one is Ready to Learn! So much you can do

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are the BEST posters ever! I've used them every day this week and my kids GET IT! Yay! Thank you sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the posters! Thank you for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for this freebie...I have been teaching for 8 years in kindergarten and I can't tell you how much of a difference this visual has made in the first week of school this year!!! Wow. I have quite a few non-English speakers and a couple of special needs kiddos, so you can probably understand how much I need this! It has been one of the most effective tools I've used! Thanks again for sharing your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! These are lovely (and really cute). Saved me lots of time...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I found your blog back in october and have been using the "Give me 5" cards in my head start (preschool) class and it has worked awesomely! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So nice ! Thanks from France !

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think these cards are wonderful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing from France... I'll use these cards with my 5-6 years old pupils!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. perfect idea for my preschooler thanks 4 sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. perfect idea 4 my preschoolers thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. For more particulars on the apps, you can go to iTunes
    and see which ones you like. Adhere to the actions to jailbreak the
    iPad with spirit. To unlock your iphone, install Cydia,
    open it and then go to the Handle tab.

    My blog post ... appcake version

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much. This will help a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice response in return of this question with firm arguments and explaining
    everything about that.

    My website :: bmr calculator

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are the current engagement ring trends which are all great examples of designs and ideas being constantly improved.
    You can stick with the previous agreement and buy gold for
    a fair amount of money. Fake diamonds are usually put in low quality settings.


    Also visit my website; traumatic brain injury and special education ()

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are great illustrations! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is a fabulous resource! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I absolutely love this give me 5, its a new thing are schools are requiring and i would love to post yours in my class however i can not have lips are zipped, any idea where i can a similar picture to match yours with "brains are thinking" Thanks in Advance for any help :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am excited to try this with my students this year. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great poster! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great poster! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for sharing beautiful idea :)

    ReplyDelete