Sunday, September 2, 2012

Job Chart Part 2

     Four school days down and boy, do I need this 3 day weekend! Although we always start the week before Labor Day, we typically only have a 2 or 3 day week, followed by a 4 day week after Labor Day. It's a great way to ease into the routine and let the kids build some stamina gradually. This year however, the powers that be gave us a 4 day week to start with and what a difference a day makes!  By Friday we were all a little shot - having three days to recover is awesome!
     I'm overwhelmed and tickled by the response to my last post about how to make your own pocket chart. As you may know, my newest undertaking is creating my own clipart to meet my way too nit-picky needs. I was stoked about how the clipart for my job chart came out, but to get so many emails about it completely caught me by surprise! Thanks to everyone who took the time to comment or email me, you totally made my day!  The most common question I received was if the clipart is for sale. I would love to offer the set, but since I'm just starting out, I don't really know how to do things like make the background transparent or make the graphics at a high resolution so you can enlarge them to any size. I've really just been playing around with it for my own projects, so I haven't looked into any of that yet - that's my next goal.
     In the meantime, I've posted my DIY Instant Job Chart in my TPT store. Included are the printable pockets for 33 different jobs, as well as simple job cards in case you just want to use them in your own pocket chart. I've also included wordless versions of both formats in case you want to write in different job titles. Take a look at what's included:



This is what my chart looks like in my classroom. I hung it with a ribbon and I just love it!  The kids are excited to pick their first jobs this week.


     Well, I'm off to bed. I have big plans tomorrow for a few burgers and beers in the sunshine. Just the thing to recharge me and get me ready for week 2 with the new gang. I hope you're planning a little R&R to celebrate Labor Day as well.
Have a great day off!

11 comments:

  1. Just wanted to tell you how much I LOVE your clip art! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this idea! It also keeps the children on task..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Clip art!!!!!! I want to buy a CD of it!! Toooooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking.
    career development

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your job chart!!! Where did you get the clip art? Would love a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome job cards what I needed for my classroom too. Is there any way I can print them out?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The things that we understand here might change with all sorts of nice activities that have been determine out here.
    Massage Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I have something for them who want to make a moment to get more just click on the link.
    massage
    Kavya
    Mahi
    massage

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vip Delhi Girls
    Love to read it,Waiting For More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks.
    Delhi Spa Girls
    Vip Delhi Girls
    Delhi Night Calls
    Elite Girl in Delhi
    Independent Girls in Delhi
    Model Girls in Delhi

    ReplyDelete